Wednesday, November 02, 2005

new book goodness

I bought Anne Rice's The Witching Hour and the two sequels, Lasher and Taltos on Monday night. w00tzoR!!!!1 I love reading. Seriously, I could give up my computer forever, as long as I had a limitless supply of books. Anyway, two chapters in, and i realize now why Rice is such a popular author. Goodness on a Sheet of Paper, I can't believe it took me this long to get around to reading Anne Rice. Diggin' it lots. Thanks, Rose, for the suggestion.

I also picked up Rice's "Sleeping Beauty" series, and a standalone novel called Belinda both of which she wrote under pen names. Finally, picked up Anais Nin's Little Birds and Delta of Venus. I read most of Little Birds (it's a collection of shorts) when I was house-sitting for a friend a few years ago, but I'm looking forward to finishing that collection and getting into Delta as well. I was pleased to find pretty, displayable copies at Half-Price books and am looking forward to having them on my shelf for many years to come, almost as much as I'm looking forward to actually reading them.

That's it for me for now. I'm struggling with asthma today, which is unusual, and i'm hoping it's not a sign that this flu turned into something upper-respiratory-related in my chest. I can't shake the cough.

No comments: