Friday, December 23, 2005

thanks for the pics!

My friend was having her birthday recently, and had declared it Tie Night. Tie Night is a recurring butch holiday, celebrated semi-monthly or whenever they feel like it. [Aside: Yes, Squirt, I'm aware that Tie Night hasn't been fashionable in mainstream (read: breeder) circles since Annie Lennox passed out of public view, but we have our own little gay fashion oasis. In the lesbian fashion oasis, Ties are Still In!] So, I decided to participate in Tie Night although I'm not exactly what you'd classify as a butch, especially in the last couple of years. Nobody was really sure what to expect. Anyway, judging from the number of jaws I had to pick up off the floor, I think my femmey interpretation of Tie Night was a hit. Here are the photos to prove it...


Happy birthday! Note, in the lower-left corner of this first picture, Marvin the Martian is staring at you. As a jane-of-all-trades, I'm proud to say I'm qualified to tie your necktie or change your oil or paint your nails, whatever needs doing. I was responsible for the tying of that particular Looney-Tunes tie, and I tried like hell to make Marvin be the character on the knot part so that he would be staring out at you from my friend's throat. Now, that Marvin at the tail of the tie is obviously too low to be the knot, but there's another one near the middle that was ALMOST, but not quite, in the right place. Anyway, the end result was that I had to put Daffy on the knot. However, between initially deciding Marvin ought to be on the knot and ultimately surrendering to Daffy's superior placement, there were a number of tie-adjustments that looked like this:

As you can see, we had fun celebrating the birthday. There was much laughter all around, and a good time had by all. I'm very excited to have been invited to join "The Blue Bandits" for their next round of board games, and hope to be able to support all the smack I've been talking to my friend in the picture who is NOT a member of The Blue Bandits. I've REALLY been laying it down thick, too, so I've got a lot to live up to. Any Blue Bandits reading this: take note!

No comments: